Since 2013 as you may have noticed from my previous blog posts I have been suffering from leaky gut caused by the Klebsiella bacteria. Since then i have managed to clear the Klebsiella bacteria. But even then still something isnt a 100%. Usually on a daily basis i feel 85%, but something still isnt right with the other 15%, while keeping on a tight restrictive low histamine and clean diet for 3 years now. No sugar, processed foods for 3 years! Its tough but I have part of my life back.
I recently took a food intolerence test like I did in 2013, the original one that I posted. I had IGG allergy to 49/269 foods. This time I took at test for 93 foods, and only 2 came back , 2+ cows milk, and 1+ on almonds, and tremendous improvement over 2013 result.
So food intolorance is a step up and looking good. Also my DAO and Histamine normalized over the 2013 result which im really pleased with. I have been able to tolerate aged meats more..
BUT HOWEVER……………………. The test for ZONULIN which tests the gut wall leakyness through blood test, the result went off the charts, so I still have inflammation of some sort showing there at the gut level. The aim now will be to further analyze stool test at a more detailed level to see if any other bacteria are lurking preventing the full healing.
The latest result:
Zonulin 90.0 ng/mL (But should be in range 20.0 – 48.0) ,
Diamine Oxidase 26.0 units/mL (Yes! mine falls under Low Incidence)
> 10U/ml – Low incidence of Histamine Intolorence
3.0 – 10U/ml Probable Histamine Intolerence
< 3.0U/ml High incidence of Histamine Intolorence
Histamine 43.0 ug/L ( Normal Range 28.0 – 51.0) Yes! its in the within range.
The Zonulin and Histamine tests were done through Nutripath in Australia through a practitioner.
So what we have is:
- Eliminate Klebsiella – Check
- Eliminate/Reduce Food Intolerance – Check
- Eliminate/Reduce Histamine Intolerence – Check
- Bring Leaky Gut back to normal within range – something to work on still
Also i am keeping on an anti-inflammatory diet, as im still inflamed due to the high zonulin, but its a work in progress!
Long journey for the past 3-4 years I only hope it gets better, will keep you updated!
Are you wanting to know more about Zonulin, and how it really impacts your health? Take a look at this video